Simple DKIM factors to consider
The following guidelines apply when you use Easy DKIM to authenticate your email:
- Only the domain that appears in your "From" address needs to be configured for Easy DKIM. For domains that you use in "Return-Path" or "Reply-to" addresses, Simple DKIM is not required to be configured.
- A number of AWS Regions provide Amazon SES. To ensure that all of your emails are DKIM-signed, you must finish the Easy DKIM setup process in each of the AWS Regions that you use to send an email.
- Unless you set up Easy DKIM for specific subdomains when you verify a domain, your Easy DKIM settings also apply to all of that domain's subdomains.
- Amazon SES applies Easy DKIM settings in the following manner if you configure Easy DKIM for a parent domain, a subdomain, and an email address:
- DKIM subdomain settings take precedence over parent domain settings.
- DKIM settings for an email address take precedence over those for the parent domain and, if relevant, the subdomain.
Simple DKIM configuration for a domain:
- Go to https://console.aws.amazon.com/ses/ to launch the Amazon SES console.
- Choose Domains from the Identity Management section of the navigation pane.
- From the list of domains, select the one for which you wish to configure Easy DKIM.
Note : Check out the instructions for Verifying a domain with Amazon SES if you haven't started the domain's verification process yet.
- Choose to Create DKIM Settings under DKIM.
- Make a copy of the three CNAME records in this section. To download a copy of the records to your computer instead, select Download Record Set as CSV.